Go ahead! Embarrass yourself! Tuesday, November 21, 2006
This post is on Monday, but i put it to tuesday entry cuz my blog doesnt support mutiple posting on a day... Silly isnt it?
This is something Fun I read in the latest issue of POP CLUB magazine. I had typed it out to share with you all. I nearly 中内伤 when trying to conceal my laughter in the office! So I’m spending some effort on this to share with you all.
Transform Your Life, DO SOMETHING EMBARRASSING!
It all happened more than two decades ago when I was in Primary One. It was my year-end examination period and I just finished my English paper. While waiting for the school bus, I suddenly had this tremendous pain in my tummy. Before I could even take one step towards the toilet, it was all over. I had soiled myself and believe me, it was an amazing mess. Like most 6-year-olds, undergoing a traumatic experience, I cried like there was no tomorrow.
I had to be rescued first by school mates who ran to get the emergency response team comprising two teachers and the school off-job man(there was one of them in every school during my time). The kind man hosed me down (yup, it was THAT messy) and changed me into a fresh set of school uniform. Then, my poor mum had to apply for urgent leave to complete the rescue and send me home. I never asked her how she felt when she saw my wet hair and the plastic bag of soiled uniform. She must have wondered what she had done to deserve me.
Fast forward to one year later. It was the Sunday just before school reopened and I was watching my favourite Japanese Cop show on TV. Then, the compulsory “hero-going-to-die” segment came on. This was when I got up and ran. I knew the hero would never die and don’t even ask me why I chose making a 20-yard dash over a simple thing like shutting my eyes and covering my ears. Ninety-nine out of a hundred times, I would reach my bed, bury my head in my pillow and wait for the scene. This time, however, I rammed my forehead hard against the door frame of a toilet midway to my bedroom. My poor dad had to rush me to hospital and I had 14 stitches to close that wound. During the two days of bed rest that followed, I was quite convinced that I had made myself stupid with that bang on the head. Not that I was ever very bright to start with, but I became obsessed with the fear that I would become really dumb. Then, something special happened: I aced my Mathematics test, something that I had never done before. One thought immediately arose: that whack on my cranium must have made me smarter instead! My little 8-year-old brain just could not find any other explanation.
Both incidents are dead embarrassing but they transformed me. The first helped me overcome the fear of embarrassment. One of my personal doctrines in life is “Few things can be worse than soiling your pants.” It has enabled me to overcome many “hang-ups” and choose the paths less traveled.
The second incident yielded a little extra. It may be a “placebo” effect but this silly “stupid ? to ? smart” belief took me a long way academically. By the time I outgrew it in Secondary One, I had benefited enough from it to appreciate the power of positive belief. I never looked back after that.
So go ahead, embarrass yourself. Who knows Just what transformation lies in wait.
I dunno man, I did a lot of stupid things before. Just very recently, I had tried stand-sleep on the mrt leaning against the door. At Braddel where the door wud then open, I still convinced myself that it’s nt gonna open when my subconscious is conflicting that message. Then wolah! The door opened behind me and I was jerked awake, leaped in the air, and jumped forward 3 steps in less than a quarter of a second! It was SUPER embarrassing as I knew the rest of the passengers were speculating on what will happen to this silly dorky gal who dozed off on the about-to-open door!
Well since embarrassment was made, I retain the dorky style of leaning back n heck those eyes peering on me.
Lesson-learnt: Heck Embarrassments! Ahahaha!!!
Tata for now >þ 12:00 AM ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
TAG ME BEFORE YOU LEAVE. THANKS! <3
Pls remember after posting ur tag, click on the "tagboard" link again to manually refresh the flashbox to see ur tags. Arigato~~ <3